Reasons to join our Northampton Survival Center as a volunteer
If you want to make a contribution to somebody’s life volunteering, you are welcome to join our Northampton Survival Center, which has been providing low- income individuals and families with financial help during 33 years already. We are thankful to our volunteers who do their best in giving a helping hand to everyone who is in need. The contribution of our volunteers is really very valuable as every day they help from 25 to 50 families.
What do volunteers do?
The main mission of volunteers is to help individuals and families get all necessary things for their household, which include food, clothes, personal care items. Besides this, other volunteer opportunities include:
- sort out clothes donated,
- conduct control of the quality of donated food,
- get donations from retail shops,
- perform pantry functions.
Why to become a volunteer?
- You will be able to communicate with other people who have the same values as you, which was the reason why they have chosen volunteering;
- You will make the great contribution to life of many people who are in need;
- You will get satisfaction from being a part of such noble mission;
- You will be able to see the fruits of your job when those who you help smile at you being grateful for what you do here;
- You will be able to have fun taking part in different projects and meeting new great people;
- You will be able to look at your life in another way appreciating everything you have now;
- You will be able to rest from your household chores and work getting new useful experience;
- You will be able to feel good about yourself just because you have changed somebody’s life for the better;
- You will be able to concentrate on the most important things in our life helping others to improve their life quality.